CALL FOR PAPERS AND PANEL PROPOSALS
2020 FELA ANIKULAPO- KUTI INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE (DIGITAL)
THEME: COVID- 19: Knowledge, Culture and Governance in the 21st Century Africa
DATE: Thursday 10th to Saturday 12th December, 2020
LANGUAGES: English and French
The Covid 19 Pandemic is a continuation of global politics about Africa. Its management raises the need to continually interrogate the long debated Euro-American hegemony, especially as it affects knowledge, culture and governance of African people around the world. The International Research Centre on African Culture and Knowledge Systems, IRCACKS, wishes to provide opportunity for scholarly exploration of these issues through the 2020 Fela Anikulapo-Kuti International Conference (Digital).
All relevant issues will be linked to how Africa can take charge of her future and make the 21st century her renaissance. Majority of issues will revolve around African health systems, indigenous knowledge, financial integrity in the management of institutions; then morality and governance. Submissions can focus on any of the following sub-themes.
- Politics of knowledge production in the 21st century Africa
- Morality and Governance in the 21st Century Africa
- Ethical leadership, democracy and Transparency in African politics
- Knowledge Mobility and Africans in Diaspora
- Citizenship Rights and Governance in 21st Century Africa
- Politics of Transformation and Development in Africa
- African Educational Systems and Indigenous Societies
- COVID-19, African Knowledge and Afropolitan Responses
- Governance and Resource Management in the 21st Century Africa
- Public Policies and African Knowledge Systems
- International Relations and the Place of Africans
- Financial Integrity and Management of Educational Institutions in Africa
- Felasophy and Knowledge Production Systems in Africa
- African Studies as Protest
- The Concepts of Social(Mass) Movements in the 21st Century Africa
- Western Scholarship and African Ethics
- Morality and Secret Societies in the 21st Century Africa
- Knowledge and Survival of African Health Systems
- African scholarship and Indigenous Knowledge in the 21st Century Africa
- Religion and Culture in African Knowledge Production Systems
- Knowledge Mobility and the Study of African Urban histories
- African Culture and Governance in the 21st Century Africa
- African Demographic Dividend and Development in the 21st Century Africa
- Philosophy of Morality in African Context
- Knowledge Mobility, Culture and the African Diasporas
IRCACKS thus invites scholars, researchers and practitioners to submit abstracts and panel proposals for the 2020 Fela Kuti International Conference. Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, the conference will hold in digital form.
Submission: A 250-word abstract, a short bio, email and phone contact sent to: email@example.com not later than 5th of November, 2020. There will be notification of acceptance within 7 days of receiving submissions.
Registration Fee: of N5000 (Nigerian participants) or 50 USD (Non Nigerian participants) is required for the conference.
Host/Respondez sil vous plait
Dr. Olukayode Eesuola
Director, International Research Centre on African Culture and Knowledge Systems, Nigeria.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +2348126519419
Olusegun Michael Ogundele,
Founder, International Research Centre on African Culture and Knowledge Systems