1. Rank: Assistant Research Fellow (1 position available)
2. Areas of Specialization: Chinese History
(1) Applicants with a domestic or foreign doctorate degree recognized by the Ministry of Education; or applicants scheduled to receive a domestic or foreign doctorate degree in related fields by June 30, 2021
(2) For foreign applicants, the ability to speak and write (fluently) in Mandarin is preferred.
4. Required Documents
(1) Application form (Click “Attachment” at to bottom of the page to download)
(2) A list of academic publications
(3) A photocopy of PhD diploma, a certification of a successful dissertation defense, or the official approval dated and issued by the applicant’s thesis advisor
(4) A statement of research plan (2-3 pages)
(5) One copy of key representative works (up to three publications). If a PhD dissertation is to be used, please provide it in its entirety. For works written in languages other than Mandarin or English, please provide an abstract thereof in either of the said languages (3,000 words/characters or longer).
(6) Two letters of recommendation (hard copies signed and mailed to the IHP Secretariat by the referees)
5. Deadline: October 30, 2020 (postmarked date shall apply)
6. Applicants should prepare an application envelope containing items #1-5 in BOTH hard copies and electronic formats (email or disc) and send it before the deadline to:
Secretariat, Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica
130 Academia Rd. Sec. 2, Nangang Dist. 11529, Taipei, Taiwan
(Please indicate on the envelop: Application for Full-Time Research Position)
To submit YOUR job posting, please visit the H-Net Job Guide: https://www.h-net.org/jobs
Featured jobs receive an added boost on H-Announce and H-Net’s social media channels.