Call for proposals for a special issue of Critical Studies in Men's Fashion on Black Masculinities, Dress and Style.
Authors engaged in studies about Blackness and masculinity in relation to dressing and styling practices are encouraged
to submit articles, independent of the type of research, methodologies or theoretical frameworks implemented. Potential themes might include but aren’t limited to:
• icons of Black masculine style
• Black masculinities in popular culture
• fashion trends and Black male consumers
• colorism and Black masculinities
• hair styling practices and Black male identities
• queerness in Hip-Hop culture
• menswear and Black consumers
• racial profiling and Black male styling practices
• Black masculinities in photography
• masculinities and Hip-Hop culture
• influences of Black style in mainstream menswear
• professional dress and Black masculinity
• hypermasculinity and Black style
• body image among Black boys and young men
• homoeroticism and masculine Black stereotypes
Please e-mail a Word or PDF abstract of 150–200 words to the guest
editor, Henry Navarro Delgado, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 1 October 2020.
Abstracts’ submissions should include a title, keywords, approximate word
count including references, author’s full name, affiliation, contact details and
a short biography of 3–5 sentences. The editor will aim to let prospective
authors their final decision as soon as possible.
Full manuscripts’ deadline is 1 April 2021. All submissions must follow
Intellect’s house style: www.intellectbooks.com/asset/728/house- styleguide-
4th-ed-2020.pdf. Manuscripts should be a maximum of 7000 words.
It is the author’s responsibility to clear the usage rights for all images to
Henry Navarro Delgado