Unlocking your Students’ Potential in the
Virtual Learning Environment
Organized by Omega Educational Technology Solutions
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
This virtual symposium is designed for educators in higher education particularly general education professors for the purpose of student success in the virtual classroom. We invite papers of professionals that teach in the following subject areas: English, math, science, history, and college experiences courses. The Covid-19 pandemic has caused many colleges and universities to swiftly transition from providing face-to-face instruction to adjusting to online learning platforms. We further invite papers that encourage student engagement in the virtual learning environment. We are seeking best practices for active learning in the online environment. We hope that writers will share their honest experiences of triumphs and challenges in the virtual learning environment. The virtual symposium seeks to answer the following for general education instructors:
- What strategies can educators use to involve adult learners in the learning process in the online space?
- How do you actively engage your students in the virtual space?
- Besides discussion forums, how do you encourage communication and participation between students?
- How do you encourage collaborations/group assignments in the virtual learning environment?
- For science instructors, how do you incorporate virtual labs in your science courses? Are the labs, individual or collaborative? If collaborative virtual labs, what are your strategies to ensure students are working together?
- For math instructors, what strategies do you encourage for students that need extra assistance with learning college math foundations or college algebra?
- How do you assess student growth to ensure that students have met course outcomes?
- For college experience courses, how do you have students learn about the college virtually?
To apply to present at the virtual symposium, please submit an abstract of 500 words and brief biography (300 words) (two person limit for teams) using this link OETS Virtual Symposium Abstract Submission. Please submit abstracts and papers in APA format. Abstracts will be considered on a rolling basis until June 15, 2020. For those accepted, unpublished papers (5 pages) have to be submitted by June 22, 2020. Final decisions on acceptance, based on the papers, will be communicated by June 30, 2020. All accepted papers will be compiled in a peer reviewed journal.
The presenters for the virtual symposium will be asked to develop a video that is 10 to 15 minutes in length. The video will be of him/her presenting his/her paper topic. The video should be edited and presentation ready. The presenters will be notified of where to submit the video. The presentation video will be due no later than Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
Thank you in advance for your interest in the OETS Virtual Symposium. This virtual symposium was organized by Omega Educational Technology Solutions in conjunction with Opportunity Speaks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Dr. Nedra Allen at 501-396-9052 or email me at email@example.com.
Dr. Nedra Allen
Omega Eduational Technology Solutions, LLC.