Bosnian studies: Journal for research of Bosnian thought and culture (ISSN 1840-3204, e-ISSN 2712-0406) is a scientific double blind peer-reviewed open-access journal of the Bosnian Cultural Community “Preporod” in Bosnia and Herzegovina, initiated in 2007. The Bosnian studies journal represents a platform for the intellectual debate about the key social, cultural and political issues in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The aim of the Journal is to explore, define, reconsider and present new and challenging research in or about Bosnia and Herzegovina in the area of social sciences and humanities to both academic and non-academic audience.
Topics: We invite scholars interested in transcending classical scholarship to submit their articles for forthcoming issue. The papers should be original, unpublished and not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. The manuscript submitters should note that all submissions are peer reviewed by at least two referees. Additional information can be found at www.preporod.ba.
Deadline for full article submission: March 15th, 2020.
Type of publication: Online and Print
Contact: Editor-in-Chief, Bosnian Studies: Journal for research of Bosnian thought and culture, BZK “Preporod”, Branilaca Sarajeva 30, 71.000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Place of Publication: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Published by/Edited by: Institute for Bosniak Studies, BZK “Preporod”, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Bosnian Studies: Journal for research of Bosnian thought and culture
(ISSN: 1840-3204, e-ISSN: 2712-0406)
Bosnian studies journal publishes following types of articles:
- Original scholarly articles (mainly consist of the unpublished results of the primary research)
- Review articles (mainly consist of the original, concise and critical review from within one scientific discipline)
- Book Reviews (Focus on the review of recently published books in or about Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Priority in publishing will be given to the original scientific articles.
The decision on the category of the articles is made by the Editorial Board based on the suggestions of two reviewers; in the case of the dispute, the additional review will be requested. Categorization will be indicated in the header of the article.
Authors are requested to submit their articles via e-mail: email@example.com.
- Articles must be in English and should be up to the 25 pages in length and not exceed 9.000 words including footnotes, bibliography, etc.
- Articles must be written in Times New Roman font, size 12, double-spaced.
- Citations and references should be made in accordance with the APA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing using in-text citations.
- Articles must display original thought and ideas. They must make concrete references to existing scholarship in the related area.
- Articles may feature illustrations and graphics. It is the responsibility of the author of the article to obtain the necessary permissions for the illustrations and/or graphics that they use.
- Abstract must be written at the beginning of the article (minimum of 150 words and maximum of the 250 words), after which author should provide 4-5 keywords of the article.
- Articles should be submitted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abbreviations used in the text must be properly defined in separate table in appendix.
- Bibliography/References must be given at the end of the article in alphabetic order by the surname of author.
Articles will undergo rigorous originality and plagiarism detection procedure.
Editor-in-Chief, Bosnian Studies: Journal for research of Bosnian thought and culture, BZK Preporod, Branilaca Sarajeva 30, 71.000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Published by/Edited by: Institute for Bosniak Studies, BZK Preporod, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.