The Gerald R. Ford Scholar Award in Honor of Robert M. Teeter is an annual award of $5,000 given to a doctoral student to support dissertation research in any field related to United States political process and public policy – particularly the role and analysis of public opinion – during the last half of the 20th century. Award funds may be used for travel, reproduction fees, administrative costs, and other research and writing expenses.
Applicants must have achieved candidacy and completed all requirements for the Ph.D. program (coursework and examinations) except for the dissertation by the application deadline. The award is not retroactive and must support research to be conducted after the award is announced.
To apply, submit:
- Application Cover Sheet (available online: http://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/fsa.asp)
- An abstract describing the dissertation, no longer than 150 words;
- A five page proposal (12-point font, double-spaced) that describes the topic and outline of the dissertation, including the design of the research project and research resources to be employed. Describe how Ford Library resources can advance the research on the topic as well as how the dissertation relates to current scholarship. Include a bibliography of up to two additional pages (page count does not include footnotes or bibliography).
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s qualifications for the award (one of these letters must be from their academic director that includes a statement approving the dissertation topic);
- Unofficial transcripts from all graduate schools attended (the Selection Committee reserves the right to request official transcripts); and
- A curriculum vitae.
The application deadline year is March 31, 2020. Applications and letters of recommendation can be submitted by mail, e-mail, or fax. Applications submitted by mail must be postmarked by the deadline.
More Information can be found at our web site here: https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/fsa.asp
If you have any questions please direct them to the Gerald Ford Scholar Award Coordinator Lauren White: email@example.com
Lauren White, Ford Scholar Award Coordinator
Telephone: (734) 205-0558
Fax: (734) 205-0571