The forthcoming issue of Roczniki Humanistyczne (Annals of Arts), vol.11 (Anglica), 2020 will be devoted to one of the most contested and varied topics in the humanities, i.e. Space and Place. Contemporary researchers treat these categories both within the limits of their respective specialities as well as at the interface of such scholarly fields as geography, sociology, cultural studies, literary theory and criticism, ethnography, media and urban studies. With this in view, we invite the scholars of diverse fields of humanities willing to contribute their papers on all aspects relating to the leitmotif of the current issue. The profile of our magazine especially favours papers which will investigate the space and place of/in a literary text or any text of culture with its specific historical/cultural idiosyncrasy or universality. We invite papers pertaining to cultural, historical and literary dimensions of spatial criticism in all English speaking countries of any historical period from Anglo-Saxon through contemporary times.
We accept only unpublished research papers of high scientific quality. Contributions should be submitted to dr Kamil Rusiłowicz: firstname.lastname@example.org and dr hab. Sławomir Wącior: email@example.com. The submission deadline for the current issue is 15 May, 2020.
1. The manuscript should not exceed 40000 characters with spaces (including abstracts, key words, and the list of works cited).
2. The article should follow the latest Modern Language Association (MLA) citation and format style.
3. Authors are requested to include an abstract of approximately 150-words, and a list of key words.
4. Author’s information, in a separate file, should include: full name, title of the article, academic degree, affiliation, address for correspondence, and e-mail.
5. The article should be submitted in two versions: as a .doc and a .pdf. The author’s name should be omitted from the article for peer review.
The Department of American Literature and Culture
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin