Call for Papers
Crossing Borders is an annual interdisciplinary conference shared by universities on either side of the Canada-US Border.
This year it is being organized by the Centre for Canadian Studies at Brock University, in St. Catharines, Ontario.
We encourage graduate students and senior undergraduates to submit an abstract for this conference. Abstracts should be 250 words or less.
For those students who wish to be considered for the Crossing Borders Best Paper Award, submission of full paper is due on February 21, 2020. Papers should be 10-15 pages in length.
Suggested topics for the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Canada and U.S. Trade and Business
- Educational Policies
- Canadian-American Relations
- Tourism and Transportation
- Canada and U.S. Border Security
- The Border in Art and/or Literature
- Canada and U.S. Immigration Policies
- Canada and U.S. Energy Policies
- Cross Border Crime and Policing
- Popular Culture and Mass Media
- Sports and Games
- Communication & Cultural Policy
- Environment and Boundaries
- Canadian-U.S. Literacy Studies
- Indigenous Peoples
- History of Border Regions
Please submit your abstract and contact information, including full name, university, level of study and program, to the Centre for Canadian Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Centre for Canadian Studies