The Centre for Visual Arts and Culture, Durham University Leverhulme Durham Doctoral Training Programme in Visual Culture invites scholars and early career researchers to submit their papers for
Visual Intersections 5
6-8 of July 2020 in Durham, United Kingdom
The fifth in a series of summer schools brings scholars together to explore the interdisciplinary nature of visual culture and exchange current ideas and approaches in the field. We welcome both scholarly and creative submissions from researchers working in a wide range of disciplines, including art, history, anthropology, philosophy, archaeology, computer science, natural and social sciences, among others. We invite applicants to submit their abstracts to a specific panel:
- (Audio)Visual Methods in Humanities & the Social Sciences;
- Curation and Representation;
- Landscapes and Experiences;
- Visual and Material Evidence in Historical Practice;
- Visual Culture in Sciences and Technology;
We welcome proposals for short contributions in the form of presentations, demonstrations or performance. Speakers will be allocated 20 minutes, followed by 10minutesfordiscussion. We would also welcome proposals for sessions in a workshop format of up to 1 hour. The summer school provides an open and welcoming intellectual space in which postgraduate and early career researchers can explore current issues in visual culture. The talks will be complemented by plenary lectures and workshops aimed at enhancing visual research methodology skills. The event will also include a tour of Durham Castle, and a drinks reception.
The closing date for proposals is 28/02/2020. Please submit:
- an abstract of no more than 250 words, including 5 keywords; please, specify which panel you have chosen
- one-page CV Submissions and queries should be directed to email@example.com. Only one paper proposal submission is allowed per person. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission via e-mail in early March.
For more information on the Centre for Visual Arts and Culture, please refer to our website https://www.dur.ac.uk/cvac
This event is organised by the doctoral scholars of the Durham Leverhulme Doctoral Scholarship in Visual Culture: https://www.dur.ac.uk/cvac/members/pgstudents/