6° INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE RIGPAC INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF CRITICAL THOUGHT ABOUT GLOBALIZATION AND BUILT HERITAGE in partnership with UNIVERSIDADE NOVA DE LISBOA - PORTUGAL
Date: 23 a 25 de september de 2020
This Conference aims to discuss the logic and procedures that, based on public,private or community decisions, define and implement consequent strategies for marketing objects, goods, events, places, cities or regions. These strategies are based either on the promotion of the most well-known symbols of heritage identity, “city branding” andthus market and consumer objects, or on the circulation of an image with which these places are “marked” or identified.
Particularly, it is important to identify and typify the socio-spatial, economic, environmental and cultural effects of heritage (tangible and intangible) in those territories
leading to the classification and use of the concept of “city branding”. Such territories, at different scales, use this classification to promote themselves from the perspective of "comparative advantages" as "commodity products." This causes a tense relationship between cultural affirmations and transformations.
In short, the central issue of the VI Conference of the International Network of Critical Thinking and Built Heritage (RIGPAC) is: How does the concept of “CITY BRANDING” impacts the territory that, through its inheritance, is promoted in a certain way?
Concepts and axis of analysis
PLACE BRANDING AND MARKETING BRANDING:
HERITAGE, PLACE BRANDING AND PLACE CONSUMPTION
TERRITORIALIZATIONS, DETERRITORIALIZATIONS AND RETERRITORIALIZATIONS
URBAN OPERATIONS AND PUBLIC SPACE
OTHER PLACE BRANDING
1st Phase: November 15th 2019 until January 27th 2020
Proposals for Tables or Thematic Symposiums are invited in one of the 6 axis of analysis previously presented.
- Submitted proposals must fit the fundamental axis set out in this call for proposals.
- The Thematic Tables or Symposiums must have two coordinators from two different institutions (preferably PhDs or PhD candidates).
- The Thematic Tables or Symposiums will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee of the Conference.
Elements to be included in proposals for Thematic Tables or Symposiums:
- Objective in which the proposal is inserted;
- Name, Institutional Affiliation, and short Curriculum Vitae (50 words) of Coordinators;
- Abstract (maximum 500 words) clearly establishing the intersections between the objectives of the event and the discussion proposed by the Bureau or Thematic Symposium
- E-mail addresses in order to receive future calls.
Send your proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org