The Centre interuniversitaire de recherche sur la science et la technologie (CIRST) is organizing a two days conference in Montreal in the week of August 24-29, 2020 (exact dates to be confirmed this spring). Titled "Economy of Promises and Sociology of Expectations", this conference aims to reflect on the particular dynamic of the scientific and innovation fields, based on promises and expectations of all kinds.
We invite submissions on the social impacts of multiple forms of representation of technological future, and the “economy of promises” that relate to the following areas of interest of Science and Technology Studies (STS):
- philosophy of history;
- history of sciences;
- sociology of the scientific field;
- socio-scientific controversies;
- public policies and investments;
- research funding;
- university research orientations;
- relationship between science and the public;
- media coverage of science and research;
- means of knowledge mediation;
- new roles of researcher-entrepreneurs;
- reconfiguration of research-industry links;
- actors and dynamics of innovation;
- socio-material worlds.
Proposals for 20 minute talks or for panels of up to 4 talks are welcomed.
A portion of the program is reserved for graduate students.
Due date : January 24, 2020
Fo further details, please read the call for papers on the Conference website : https://www.fourwav.es/view/1888/info/
Scientific committee : François Claveau (University of Sherbrooke), Yves Gingras (UQAM), Vincent Larivière (University of Montreal), Mathieu Marion (UQAM), Marie-Jean Meurs (UQAM), Florence Millerand (UQAM), Éric Montpetit (University of Montreal)
Please send your questions to Daniel Letendre, scientific coordinator, at CIRST (firstname.lastname@example.org)