Vernon Press invites monograph or edited volume proposals on the subject of Music.
Music permeates virtually every facet of human life. It is an art form that traverses languages, cultures, and generations, unifying us in shared appreciation and enjoyment; while simultaneously possessing the ability to divide. For many, it is a vehicle of expression, voicing thoughts and emotions that cannot be communicated through words.
Music speaks across generations and is continually evolving, making it both a fascinating and dynamic area of research. Vernon Press therefore encourages contributions on the themes of music and...
- Business (marketing, advertising, industry trends...)
- Countries and groups
- Culture (storytelling, traditions...)
- Education (presence in the curriculum, music teaching, in-class use...)
- Genres and styles (composers, performers...)
- History (Baroque Age, Classical Age, Romantic Era, Modern Era...)
- Identity (national identity, gender, sexual orientation, race, class...)
- Law (copyright, intellectual property, censorship...)
- Mental health (psychological effects, emotional expression, grief, music therapy...)
- Politics (political issues, protests...)
- Technology (innovations, creation, distribution, sharing...)
- The arts and media (advertising, film, T.V, theatre, dance, art, literature...)
- War (anti-war, propaganda, military songs...)
- Wellness (meditation, self-help...)
- Women in music
This is a non-exhaustive list; the scope of this call is broad with alternative ideas and suggestions welcomed.