Swahili Teaching Fellowship [2-year appointment]
St. Lawrence University, International Studies
St. Lawrence University, Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, invites applications for a 2-year, Pre-Doctoral Swahili Teaching Fellowship beginning August 17, 2020. This fellowship is designed for a native or near-native speaker of Swahili with advanced graduate training in Swahili studies or a related field as well as teaching experience, preferably at the University level. Candidates in the advanced stages of their Ph.D. are especially encouraged to apply. This appointment will enable the teaching fellow to enhance his/her teaching and research portfolios.
This fellowship includes:
- Annual travel from home location to Canton, NY
- A furnished apartment (utilities included)
- An annual stipend of USD $14,500
- Office space and a computer
- An allowance for academic travel and conference/workshop participation related to the fellow’s teaching and research interests.
The Swahili Teaching Fellow will teach four courses per year (two per semester) and have full access to a wide range of teaching and research materials at St. Lawrence.
- Master’s degree in Swahili studies or a related field
- Experience Teaching Kiswahili at the university level
- Experience teaching Swahili as a second language preferred
- Experience teaching American students in Kenya is desirable
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Applications should be submitted by February 15, 2020.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
To submit YOUR job posting, please visit the H-Net Job Guide: https://www.h-net.org/jobs
Featured jobs receive an added boost on H-Announce and H-Net’s social media channels.
Questions about the position may be directed to Lina Karingi at email@example.com.