General Call for Papers and Reviewers
Readings is a peer-reviewed journal in literary studies intended to be read by both scholars and the general public. Like other journals, we look for academic quality and originality. Unlike most, we also care for high readability and the potential interest of literature-loving non-scholars. The journal is double-blind peer-reviewed and open-access. Our international editorial board encompasses diverse fields of study.
We welcome submissions on all aspects of world literature (be it canonical or contemporary, children’s, “genre” or “literary” fiction), including the interplay of literature and other media as well as issues of translation and reception. Imagine a friend who loves literature but is no scholar as your ideal reader. To put it more grandly: our idea of a Perfect Paper hovers between PMLA and The New Yorker.
We also seek editorial consultants (reviewers).
1) Why publish with us?
- Readings is doubly-blind peer-reviewed. The articles will be indexed with all major databases and archived responsibly.
- Readings aims to keep the decision process fast. Every article is published immediately after acceptance (with the exception of the first batch of articles which will appear together as a first issue). Thanks to electronic publication, there is no upper limit to the number of articles per issue.
- Accepting articles from 1000 to 7000 words in length, we provide a platform to share discoveries and insights succinctly and quickly.
- If your article is accepted, you will be welcome (but not required) to add such features as a short video introduction and a discussion function.
- Last but not least: we are working on establishing a name for the journal not only among scholars but also among students and all eager readers.
Please submit your article at http://www.readingsjournal.net/submission. Here, you will find the submission guidelines. If you have any questions (such as “would my article fit the journal’s scope?”, please email Sam Wiseman.
2) Why become a reviewer?
- Though the reviewing process is anonymous, in case of acceptance the reviewers can choose to reveal their names and publish a response alongside the article.
- Our goal is to attract well-written articles of short to moderate length. We will only contact you if a submission corresponds to your current interests – and we hope that you’ll actually enjoy reading it.
- You’ll help a new idea to take flight!
To become a reviewer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us about your fields of interest and enclosing a CV.