I include the following on behalf of the Fudan Development Institute, at which I was a visiting scholar late in 2018. I found my affiliation there to be a very productive experience, and would be happy to answer any questions about the institute or the application process (email@example.com; for technical details, please contact Jiao Luxi at the address below). Although the institute website seems to be down, the information below is also available here.
Professor of Humanities
Beijing Normal University
博享访问学者项目 FDDI Visiting Scholar Program
FDDI（Fudan Development Institute）welcomes qualified scholars from outside Mainland China to apply for its Visiting Scholar Program. This program allows scholars to interact with Fudan faculty while conducting their independent research at the FDDI.
The FDDI welcomes academicians and researchers in social sciences whose research interests meet with the following requirements to apply for this program.
- Applicants must be 55 years of age or under.
- Applicants should be faculty members or researchers at universities or research institutes outside mainland China.
- Research interests should be in one of the following fields: political science, sociology, economics, environment, finance, and other social sciences.
- Preference is given to policy-oriented research.
申请流程 Application Process
Deadline: November 30th, 2019
Notification of acceptance: early January 2020
申请材料 Application Materials
- Documents required for application (in English):
- The application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- High resolution picture of the applicant (JPEG or PNG)
- Research proposal (minimum of 2 pages)
- One recommendation letter from an expert in the applicant's field or the director at the applicant's institution.
- FDDI will provide a subsidy package including:
- International round-trip air fare will be reimbursed.
- Stipend: 1000 RMB/ day * (Tax included)
- Visiting Scholars enjoy full access to libraries and electronic resources at Fudan University.
- FDDI provides each Visiting Scholar with free office space accessible (except for University holidays).
- Visiting Scholars are welcome to attend lectures and public events on the University campus, including those organized by the FDDI.
- FDDI offers platforms and publication opportunities in academic journals and Chinese media.
- Visiting scholars have free field trip opportunities.
- Visiting Scholars conduct their research independently on one of the following topics:
- Development Logic of Emerging Economies
- Impact of Technology Change on Society
- Technology-driven Industrial Change
- Comparative Studies of Cyber Governance
- The Role of Culture in Human Development
- All Visiting Scholars are to submit a final research report. Visiting Scholars are required to work at FDDI office at least two days per week.
- Visiting scholars should make at least one presentation on his/her research topic.
- Visiting Scholars are required to provide at least one article on China studies for FDDI publications. They can either submit their own works or recommend articles from others.
Selected reports, articles, and essays that Visiting Scholars submit to the FDDI will be recommended to FDDI publishing partners. Please ensure that the reports, articles, and essays submitted do not cause any copyright conflicts.
Contact: Ms. JIAO Luxi Project Manager Fudan Development Institute Tel: +86-21-65642871 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. JIAO Luxi Project Manager Fudan Development Institute Tel: +86-21-65642871