Call for Proposals: Chesapeake Digital Humanities Consortium
The Chesapeake Digital Humanities Consortium (CDHC) invites submissions for its first annual conference to be held at the College of William & Mary on February 21, 2020. We are excited to have Catherine Knight Steele keynoting.
We encourage participation from the broader digital humanities communities, including undergraduate and graduate students, college and university faculty, independent scholars, community members, librarians, archivists, and technologists. Please submit proposals online through our form by January 6, 2020. Applicants will be notified with a decision by January 15th.
All proposal abstracts should address 1) the research/pedagogical significance of the project 2) the platform or tool used in the project 3) any technological requirements for the presentation.
- Individual Presentations. Please provide an abstract of 250 words and brief bio (75 words).
- Panels. Panels feature individual presentations organized around a common topic. Please provide a panel rationale of no more than 300 words, with individual presentation abstracts (150-300 words) for up to 5 participants. Include titles and institutional affiliations for each participant. Only one person should submit abstracts on the panel’s behalf. (note: students should specify their institutional status).
- Digital Posters. Posters may present work on any relevant topic in any stage of development. Poster presentations are intended to be interactive, providing the opportunity to exchange ideas one-on-one with attendees. Please provide an abstract of 250 words.
- Roundtable Discussions. Roundtables feature short presentations by panelists around a common theme or idea followed by discussion with the audience. Please provide a rationale of no more than 300 words, accompanied by a list of 4-5 participants (including title and institutional affiliation).
- Lightning Round. Please submit a 100-word description on a topic you would like to discuss for 5 minutes.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the program committee with questions.