Applications due January 6, 2020
Awards announced March 20, 2020
Fellowship awards from $6,000 - $9,000
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 21st annual U.S. research fellowship competition for research that will contribute to Palestinian Studies. Applicants must be doctoral students or scholars who have earned their PhD and must be U.S. citizens.
Information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian Studies. Any field of research will be considered, including the arts, humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health, and applied sciences. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible for this competition.
- Applicants must be scholars who have earned their PhD, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
- Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees.
- Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible.
- Master's degree holders without a record of academic publication are only eligible to apply for a joint research project with a lead researcher who holds a PhD.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. U.S. permanent residents are not eligible for this competition.*
- Applicants must be PARC members. Visit the PARC membership page on our website for more information.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Scholars from Minority Serving Institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
*Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should visit the Palestinian Fellowships page of the PARC website and contact the Palestine office at email@example.com.
Funded by the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs through an agreement with CAORC.
For complete information, visit PARC's website at http://parc-us-pal.org .
Palestinian American Research Center