STGlobal 2020 : Call for Conference Submissions
The 20th annual STGlobal Conference will be held April 17-18, 2020 at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, DC.
STGlobal 2020 is seeking conference submissions that contribute to advancing research on science, technology and policy. The STGlobal community aims to inspire, challenge, and foster mutual understanding across the disciplines of science & technology studies (STS) and science & technology policy (STP). We also welcome participation of individuals from STS/STP related disciplines such as science communication and science education.
The STGlobal Consortium is a group of universities with students interested in STS, STP, and other related topics. Each year, graduate students from the member schools organize STGlobal as a student-centered international conference in Washington, DC. STGlobal provides students with an opportunity to present their original research within a supportive community, gather critical feedback on works-in-progress, network with students in related fields, and attend professional development workshops.
STGlobal 2020 invites all students (undergraduate, graduate) and scholars to submit abstracts for paper presentations, posters, themed panels, or other contributions such as making and doing presentations.
Guidelines for all proposals:
· Please be sure that you do not identify yourself or your institution anywhere within your abstract text. All submittals will be blind peer reviewed and held in confidence during the selection process.
· All proposals must be in English, must engage only respectful language, and must be clearly written.
· All proposals should include the following:
· First and Last name
· Physical address (of conference travel departure destination)
· Email address
· Academic or professional affiliation
· Bio-Sketch: at least one paragraph including academic history specifying current standing and applicable work history.
· Title of the presentation/paper
· 3-5 keywords
· Responses to the following three questions [not exceeding 2 sentences each]:
· What is your argument or intent for sharing the presentation?
· What is the significance of your work to your field?
· What is your research approach or method[s]?
· If you want to be considered for a partial travel grant (and will be travelling to the conference from outside the Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia Metropolitan area), please check the “Travel Grant” box on the proposal submission form. Please ensure that your physical address annotated in the form corresponds with your travel departure destination.
All paper proposals should provide an abstract, not exceeding 250 words.
All poster proposals should provide an abstract of poster content, not exceeding 250 words.
All panels should be built around a theme, have a minimum of three paper abstracts but no more than five. Panels may have an additional optional discussant. Panel proposals should include the following:
· Panel title
· Full names of panel participants, with chair designated
· Their academic or professional affiliations
· An abstract of the panel theme and format, not exceeding 250 words
· Title of each paper
· Abstract of each paper, not exceeding 250 words
All making and doing or other types of proposals should include the following:
· An abstract of the content, not exceeding 250 words
· Summary of logistic considerations - if you have set-up, space, or other types of requirements
· For presenters traveling to the conference from within the U.S. - Friday, January 10, 2020 by midnight EST.
· For presenters traveling to the conference from outside the U.S. - applications reviewed on a rolling basis to facilitate visa procurement timelines
Please submit your proposal packages through the STGlobal website (stglobal.org) under the “proposal submissions” tab. Notifications for U.S. presenters will be sent in mid to late February 2020. Notifications for International presenters will be sent on a rolling basis.
If you would like to be added to the STGlobal_listserv or if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
STGlobal 2020 Co-chair Cheri L. Johnson email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org