The Language Attitudes and Popular Linguistics Area of the Popular Culture Association is seeking presentations on any language attitude or language-related popular culture topic, such as:
- the language attitudes of X (for example, new baby greeting cards, truck drivers, student writers, first generation immigrants, etc.)
- issues with prescriptivism
- language and advertising or other media;
- professional, corporate, or other industry-related language;
- dialect, code-switching, or historical studies of language and language attitudes;
- animal or extraterrestrial communication;
- language and education, including pedagogical approaches;
- gendered communication or other sociolinguistic topics;
- language and popular literature or television/film
- language and censorship;
- first and second language acquisition;
- any topic that relates to popular linguistics or language attitudes.
This year’s conference will be held in Philadelphia, PA, April 15-18, 2020.
All Proposals & Abstracts Must Be Submitted Through The PCA Database (https://pcaaca.org/conference/2020/submitting-paper-proposal-pca-confere...). Please submit a proposal to only one area at a time.
Submission Deadline: November 1, 2019
Please send all inquiries to:
James G. Mitchell, Ph.D.
Salve Regina University
Newport, RI 02840