The University of Alabama Languages Conference
January 31-February 1, 2020
The organizing committee of the tenth annual University of Alabama Languages Conference is pleased to welcome abstract submissions for this year’s conference entitled “Empowering Languages and Cultures” to be held January 31-February 1, 2020 at Hotel Capstone.
We invite abstracts about all languages and all areas of Literature and Linguistics, including, but not limited to:
- Classical Literature
- Renaissance Literature
- Medieval Literature and Culture
- Early Modern Literature and Culture
- 18th and 19th Century Literature and Culture
- 20th and 21st Century Literature and Culture
- Feminism and Women Writers
- Queer and Gender Studies
- Transatlantic and Intercultural Studies
- Storytelling, Mythology, and Memory
- Film and Visual arts
- Anthropological Linguistics
- Bilingualism and Code-switching
- Historical and Comparative Linguistics
- L1, L2, L3 Acquisition and Pedagogy
- Languages in Contact
- Non-verbal Communication, Sign Language
- Phonetics, Phonology, and Dialectology
- Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics
- Sociolinguistics, Psycholinguistics
- Study Abroad
We invite faculty and students to submit proposals for 20-minute presentations as well as organized panels with three or four participants. Suggestions for panels must include each individual presenter’s abstract along with a brief description of the panel theme.
Please submit abstracts of no more than 250 words (not including tables, graphs, or references) through EasyAbs at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/UALC2020.
Abstracts themselves should not contain any identifying information. However, please submit the following information for each presenter to the EasyAbs system when uploading the abstract:
- Name, affiliation, and email address
- Title of presentation
- Multimedia requests, if any
- For panels: names of other panel members
The deadline for proposal submission is November 1st, 2019.
The recommended languages for presentations are English or Spanish.
Any inquiries regarding the possibility of presenting in other languages should be addressed to email@example.com.
Any inquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.