Since its foundation in 2001, the Committee has two objectives : to conduct or foster scientific research, and to share and impart knowledge on the history and heritage of electricity and energy. In these perspectives, it offers grants varying from 1,500 to 3,000 euros to graduate students. Deadline: October 28, 2019.
Language and subject conditions:
Applications can be written in French or English. The thesis or dissertation may be written in the language chosen by the student. However, a summary in French or English will be submitted to the Committee for the History of Electricity and Energy for theses or dissertations written in any other language, after their completion.
The project must deal, at least partly, with the history of electricity or energy in France, Europe or elsewhere in the world.
Candidates need to fulfill the following conditions:
- academic affiliation (university/school) in European Economic Area
- residence in European Economic Area
- bank account in European Economic Area
Selection will be operated by the members of the Committee. It will be based on the following criteria: originality of the subject, preparation and quality of presentation of the project.
The application will include:
- the application form (https://bit.ly/2ltgDsu - follow the link "Télécharger le dossier de candidature");
- a letter in which the candidate requests a grant, gives the precise subject of his/her research, as defined with his/her supervisor, and binds him/herself to respect an agreement if he/she is selected (as payment of the grant will be conditional upon signature of an agreement) ;
- a presentation of the research project mentioning the sources, the methodology, the questions to be raised, and a short bibliography (6-10 p.);
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a letter of recommendation from the research supervisor, appreciating the candidate and approving the project;
- a photocopy of the student card or an attestation of research delivered by the university or research centre with which the candidate is affiliated.
The application must be sent attached to an email stating the name, the surname, the postal address, the phone number and the email address of the candidate, by October 28, 2019.
For any further information, please contact us by email or by phone : +33 1 53 63 23 46
Committee for the History of Electricity and Energy
6, rue Récamier