Below is an updated list of texts available for review in The Journal for the Study of Radicalism. Reviewers must be professors, independent scholars, or professionals who hold a PhD or terminal degree in their field. Advanced graduate students are also encouraged to reply.
Email the Book Review Editor at email@example.com in order to review a text listed below. We also welcome and encourage ideas on other texts related to radicalism.
Typically, reviews run 600-800 words, follow Chicago Manual Style for any citations, and should offer an objective, scholarly assessment of the work's subject, particularly as it relates to issues of radicalism and/or radical change. Reviews will be published within 1 year after completed reviews are received and approved by the editorial board and external reviewers.
- An American Anarchist: The Life of Voltairine de Cleyre, Paul Avrich
- Assassins Against the Old Order: Italian Anarchist Violence in Fin De Siecle Europe, Nunzio Pernicone and Fraser Ottanelli
- Autonomy, Refusal, and the Black Bloc: Positioning Class Analysis in Critical and Radical Theory, Robert F. Carley
- Community-Focused Counter-Radicalization and Counter-Terrorism Projects: Experiences and Lessons Learned, Kawser Ahmed, Patrick Belanger, and Susan Szmania
- Death to Fascism: Louis Adamic’s Fight for Democracy, John Enyeart
- Fracturing the Founding: How the Alt-Right Corrupts the Constitution, John R. Finn
- Food Justice Now! Deepening the Roots of Social Struggle, Joshua Sbicca
- In the Company of Rebels: A Generational Memory of Bohemians, Deep Heads, and History Makers, Chellis Glendinning
- Libertarian Socialism: Politics in Black and Red, ed. by Alex Prichard, Ruth Kinna, Saku Pinta, and David Berry
- 1968 Mexico: Constellations of Freedom and Democracy, Susana Draper
- Radicalism and Music: An Introduction to the Music Cultures of al-Qa’ida, Racist Skinheads, Christian-Affiliated Radicalism, and Eco-Animal Rights Militants, Jonathan Pieslak
- Such a Pretty Girl: A Story of Struggle, Empowerment, and Disability Pride, Nadina LaSpina
- Seeking Rights from the Left: Gender, Sexuality, and the Latin American Pink Tide, ed. Elisabeth Jay Friedman
- The World in a City: Multiethnic Radicalism in Early Twentieth-Century Los Angeles, David Struthers
- Martyrs & Tricksters: An Ethnography of the Egyptian Revolution, Walter Armbrust
- The Politics of a Attack: Communiques and Insurrectionary Violence, Michael Loadenthal
- The Art of Protest: Culture and Activism from the Civil Rights Movement to the Present, Second Edition, T.V. Reed
Book Review Editor, Journal for rthe Study of Radicalism