The panel entitiled "Moralized Violence in Chinese Context" aims to explore the representation, dissemination, and historicization of moralized violence in the literary, historical, cultural, and religious realms in Chinese context.
Potential topics of the panel may include:
- how is an act of violence given moral meanings in its historical and cultural context
- the tradition of self-mutilation in Buddhism
- the “spectacle” aspect of violence
- the media that represent, disseminate, translate, and shape the meanings and reception of moralized violence
- the problem with moralized violence, which is capable of both destruction and empowerment
If you are interested in participating in this panel, please contact Jin, Huan at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5, 2019.