The 9th Toyin Falola Annual International Conference on Africa and the African Diaspora (TOFAC 2019)
Theme: RELIGION, THE STATE AND GLOBAL POLITICS
Venue: Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria
Preparations are in top gear for the upcoming TOFAC conference for which almost 400 abstracts have been accepted. Here is some more information on the conference:
Conference Opening Ceremony: The opening ceremony for the conference is planned for Monday, July 1, 2019, at 12noon. Colleagues and members of the public are cordially invited.
Conference Keynote Addresses: The confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Nigeria;
- Professor Kole Omotoso, Famous Writer & Dean of Humanities, Elizade University, Nigeria;
- Professor Ibigbolade Aderibigbe, The University of Georgia, Athens, USA.
Conference Banquet and Award Ceremony: An elegant atmosphere of creativity, variety, and recognition of achievements, scheduled for Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 6pm. More information on the awards will be circulated soon.
Movie Presentation: The multiple award-winning film legend, Chief Tunde Kelani, CEO of Mainframe Productions, will grace the conference with his presence and a presentation of one of his latest movies. Entry to the movie will be free for all registered conference participants. We are very grateful for this contribution to our conference.
Health Walks: Babcock University promotes healthy living and holistic education and in accordance with this we invite you to bring along your walking shoes and sports-wear, and together we will explore the scenic Babcock University campus and the surrounding communities.
Roundtables: Several roundtables on specialist and generalist topics have been convened, featuring distinguished and upcoming scholars across various disciplines, including three book discussions with the authors in attendance. More detailed information soon.
Registration & Payment: The early bird registration payment deadline is 31 May, 2019. A late registration fee of an additional ₦2,500 is applicable to both scholars and students who register from June 1, 2019, except for international participants.
Paper Presentations: Projectors will be available for presenters wishing to make PowerPoint or other visual presentations.
Publication of papers: This is to confirm that we have every plan in place for quality conference papers to be published with highly reputable publishers after post-conference review and re-submission.
Full Papers Submission: Initial drafts are to be submitted by 31 May 2019. For publication consideration, corrected/final drafts are expected latest by one month after the conference, 5 August 2019 for reviews to commence. All papers must be original, with 6,000-8,000 word count, and should follow the APA 6th edition citation style.
Security: Babcock University is situated in a serene, safe and secure environment, and the security of all conference participants is assured. We have also put in place additional security measures for the duration of the conference and have left no stone unturned to guarantee that your stay is completely hitch-free in this regard.
Conference Website: Please visit the conference website for regular updates and information, at: https://babcock.edu.ng/tofac/index.php.
*** *** ***
For all enquiries, our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For TOFAC 2019 Local Organising Committee:
- Convener: Dr Olajumoke Yacob-Haliso, Dean, Veronica Adeleke School of Social Sciences (VASSS), Babcock University; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Convener: Professor Mobolanle E. Sotunsa, Coordinator, Babcock University Gender and African Studies Group (BUGAS); email@example.com
- LoC Chair: Dr Jane Adebusuyi, firstname.lastname@example.org (+234-803-326-6754)
- LoC Secretary: Dr Uduak Edy-Ewoh, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, (+234-812-908-9044)
- LoC Logistics Director: Dr Victor Adesiyan, email@example.com, (+234-806-091-6448)
Olajumoke Yacob-Haliso, Babcock University