Call for Papers for Six Open Panels at the 26th International Congress of the German Middle East Studies Association (DAVO) Combined with the Conference of the Section for Islam Studies of the DMG, Hamburg, 3-5 October 2019
Submission of papers are invited for the following open panels.
1. Rethinking the Process of “Normalization” of Islamist Parties in Light of the Models of "Civil State" and “Islamic Securalism”. - Organizer: Alia Gana, CNRS, University of Paris Panthéon-Sorbonne, email@example.com; Anca Munteanu, CNRS, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ester Sigillo, University of Florence, email@example.com
2. Beyond Shariʿa and Fiqh: on the Diversity of Islamic Normative Cultures. - Organizer: Heydar Shadi, Sankt Georgen Graduate School of Philosophy and Theology, Frankfurt, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Rethinking Islamic Origins: Towards a New Understanding of the Beginnings of Arabic Written Tradition. - Organizers: Giuliano Lancioni, Roma Tre University, email@example.com Raoul Villano, Roma Tre University, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Towards New Social Contracts in MENA Countries? Prospects for Economic and Social Policy Reform, better Governance and National Dialogues. - Organizer: Markus Loewe, German Development Institute (DIE), Bonn, Markus.Loewe@die-gdi.de
6. Stigmatised Tasks / Stigmatised Origins: Islam, Low-status Professional Groups and Descent in the Middle East and Sahel. - Organizer: Marta Scaglioni, Univerità degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, email@example.com
See abstracts of all open panels at https://www.aai.uni-hamburg.de/voror/veranstaltungen/2019-davokongress/07-offene-panel.html
Please send your abstracts (ca. 300 words) until 15 May 2019 to the respective organizer of the panel and to the Secretary General of the Congress, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for abstracts of other papers and closed panels to be presented at the DAVO Congress: 31 May 2019.
Further information on this international conference: https://www.aai.uni-hamburg.de/en/voror/veranstaltungen/2019-davokongress.html
Amke Dietert, Secretary General of the DAVO Congress