The Department of Political Science and International Relations (PIR) of Epoka University, will hold the Graduate Student Workshop on Friday, 3 May 2019, in Tirana, Albania.
Master and Doctoral students are invited to submit proposals for papers to be delivered at the workshop.
Proposals/abstracts should be a maximum of 250 words and should fall into one of the below thematic units:
1. Political Perceptions and Participation: Papers should explore the political perceptions and participation and assist in understanding the opinions, hopes and concerns of the people on general political issues and in their political and voting behaviors.
2. Comparative research on the state of democracy: This section will include papers about comparative research on the state of democracy in various regions of the world, including western Balkans.
3. Impact of the EU conditionality on Western Balkan countries: This section will include papers on inquiring the factors that have an impact on the strength of the conditionality that the EU has exercised on Western Balkan countries.
4. Peace education and Conflict transformation in Balkans: This section will aim to include papers on Peace Studies; Conflict Analysis, Ethnic Politics and Conflict transformation.
5. Two nations, four states compared: Austria and Germany, Albania and Kosovo: This section will aim to have papers that would compare the relationship between Germany and Austria on the one hand, and between Albania and Kosovo on the other. The model of relationship between Germany and Austria is important to consider for another pair of states Albania and Kosovo. This section will seek to see on how is the relationship between the two separate states from the same nation.
6. Progress as regards the Sustainable or Millennium Development Goals: This section will focus on the progress that the countries have achieved as regards the Millennium Development Goals and Sustainable Development Goals.
Countries of focus: All the countries and regions will be considered in the workshop, but with particular focus on regions in Europe.
How to apply: Please submit 250 words abstracts with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact person: Ms. Sara Malosmani, E-mail: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications and abstract submission: 19 April 2019
Deadline for full paper submission: 10 May 2019
Eligibility: The workshop is open to all current Master and Doctorate (PhD) students from all countries.
For more information please refer to the link: http://pir.epoka.edu.al/home-graduate-student-workshop-2202-2248.html