The conference will focus on the dynamics of culture and its representations in the fields of Language, Linguistics, Literature and Translation. It aims to emphasize cultural intersections and explore ways in which such intersections could be conceptualized, critiqued or disrupted and ultimately reconstructed. We invite contributions on the theoretical and analytical frameworks that examine cultural intersections, as well as those which explore the practical and pedagogical implications of such intersections.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers
- Prof. (Emeritus) Alister Cumming (University of Toronto, Canada) - Language
- Prof. David Damrosch (Harvard University, U.S.A and Director, The Institute for World Literature) - Literature
- Prof. Ingrid Piller (Macquarie University, Australia) - Linguistics
- Prof. Lawrence Venuti (Temple University, U.S.A) - Translation
We invite individual papers as well as panels of 4-5 presenters.
- Conference dates: Feb. 5-7, 2020
- Deadline for proposals: June 30, 2019
- Confirmation of acceptance: July 31, 2019
Sandhya Rao Mehta/Fathiya Al Rashdi
Department of English
Sultan Qaboos University