CALL FOR PROPOSALS - DEADLINE JUNE 1, 2019
Eastern Illinois University Presents the Third Annual
Making Excellence Inclusive Conference
“Together We RISE: Reaching Inclusivity for Student Excellence”
Friday October 11, 2019
A signature AAC&U initiative, Making Excellence Inclusive is designed to explore how colleges and universities can fully utilize the resources of diversity to achieve academic excellence for all students.
The annual RISE conference provides faculty and staff the strategies and tools to support students' academic success. The conference is also designed to raise awareness of the diverse challenges our students face, whether as members of underrepresented groups, as first-generation college students, as non-traditionally aged students, or as students with disabilities.
You are warmly invited to join us regardless of whether you choose to submit a proposal.
For more information about MEI’s mission and core principles visit:
* Proposals are now being accepted for the third annual conference.
* Email proposals to Jim Howley at RISE@eiu.edu by June 1, 2019.
* Proposals can take the form of co-facilitated workshops or discussion panels.
* Audience interaction in the session is encouraged.
* Submit proposals as a word or PDF attachment to RISE@eiu.edu.
* Include names/title/department/institutional affiliation and contact information for each presenter.
* Include title, abstract and description of the session (no more than 500 words total), including details about target audience, learning objectives/outcomes, relevance to MEI objectives and conference theme.
* Proposals will be peer reviewed and decisions will be made no later than August 15.
Jim Howley, Will Porter, Catherine Polydore, Tanya Willard
Eastern Illinois University