One of the hot news on the airwaves and the news media generally today is the worldwide migration crisis. Thousands of mostly young people travel dangerously by land, sea, and air to seek greener pastures in Europe, North America, Asia. The international media have shown many footages of such migration attempts by young Africans including women and children, many of whom fall in the hands of human traffickers and end up as Slaves, Sex works, or in refugee camps.
A significant number also die in the process. It is quite important that the voice and contributions of the Church in Africa are not lost in the midst of the many effort being put into addressing this dehumanizing and depressing situation. What are the specific perspectives, contributions, and input of Africans both on the continent and in the diaspora? What is the place of Christian Mission in this human predicament of our time? Contributors to this call for papers may approach the subject from various perspectives, including but not limited to the following:
- A biblical perspective of migration.
- Mission response to human crisis situation.
- Migration as opportunity for mission.
- Networking and Collaboration in dealing with migration challenge.
- Christian advocate for rehabilitation of migrant.
- Exploring Christian ministry among migrant groups.
- Cross-culture orientation for mission to migrant.
- Mission methodology for migration studies.
- Mission in the African context.
- Mission field in Africa.
- The “Great Commission’’ and migration.
- Christian mission in multi-religious environment.
- Mission and culture/cross-culture.
- Missionary adaptation in a new context.
- Prospects and challenge of the mission in foreign land.
- Orientation for missionary work.
- Mission to the marginalized.
- Mission to people with special needs.
- Mission financing.
- Sustaining mission in foreign lands.
- Domestic mission and migration.
Deadline for Abstracts: Submit a 300 word abstract by April 30, 2019.
Abstracts Selection: Selected abstracts to be notified by May 15, 2019.
Submission of full draft of paper: Submit full draft paper by June 30, 2019.
Submission of final paper by August 31, 2019.
Publication will be due by end of December 2019.
Submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website for more information @: www.wamsonline.org.
NOTE: It is not compulsory to be present at the conference as a prerequisite for the publication of your paper. You can send your abstract and indicate that you may not be present at the conference. The planning committee will arrange for the paper to be read for you at the conference and then published.