Theme: State and Security
Date: September 23rd - 25th, 2019
Venue: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna, invites conference abstracts and panel proposals for its 2019 international conference on State and Security
The notion of national security has evolved beyond simple idea of "freedom from foreig dictation". State of national security while foregrouding military prowess, readiness and alertness to defend and deter external aggression, is unthinkable without those socio-cultural institutiions without which internal strife and dissension is but guaranteed. To guarantee national security requires individual security or safety and freedom to pursure life and liberty; political security (peaceful and orderly successorship, free and fair elections, and enfranchisement), economic security (access to legitimate means of livelihood), ecological security (protection of the environment from degradation and devastation), cyber security (prevention of cyber attacks and vulnerabilities), food security andd infrastructe, ability to maintain and use own language and culture resources, among many others. With more than half of African population estimated to be under 25 years old and given over 70% unemployment of that demography that in other places drive innovation, it would seem as if the security of the states is under threat.
Therefore seek to bring together scholars and lleaders alike to explore new approaches to national security to generate actionalble knowledge towards assuring the security of the state writ-large.
We welcome papers that discuss national security in the context of individual liberty, prosperity and opportunity; safety of the homeland and any existential angst for the emergence of a populist leader.Approaches to the theme include but are not limited to the themes:
- Ethnic nationalist agitations, religious insurrections and complex military operations
- State security and liberty; terrorism and personal expression.
- Resource control and communal rights, human rights, cultural property and multnational corporations and or international orgnaizations.
- Language and culture, production and dissemination of knowledge, politics of cultural difference.
- Ethnic nationalities and the quest for autonomy.
- The interface of religious diversity, liberty and federal character principle.
- Gender and sexuality.
- Education, research and development.
- Electoral reforms and competent leadership.
- Stable economy.
- Engineering growth for all through privatizatioin of public enterprises.
- The Stock Market and its malcontents.
- Fracking technology, oil and gas industry and ecological insecurit.
- Entertainment/Media and National Security.
We welcome papers an panels proposal on these themes from all subject areas and disciplines.
Abstract submission: We invite abstracts (300 words maximum, excluding references) of unpblished work to: email@example.com not later than May 30th, 209. Include contact information and institutional affliation\s of the author\s. Acceptance notification by June 30th, 2019. Full-length papers (No more than 6,000 words excluding references) must be submitted by August 30th, 2019 electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org and: email@example.com. Selected papers will be peer-reviewed and considered for publication in an anthology.
check conference website for updates:www.nda.edu.ng.
DR NAFISATU DAHIRU MUHAMMAD, NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, PHONE NUMBER +2347062653949, +2348065501928, +2349094261437