Language is the core of human life and human communication, which people perform unconsciously. Yet, there are also aspects of language use which need introspection and sensible decisions; issues like language change, language endangerment, the vulnerabilities or the invulnerabilities concerned with the growth of English as the international lingua franca, whether people need to learn each other’s language or use translation, and language as a tool for political oppression and indoctrination. All these concerns need practical answers which precisely, is the objective of this Conference.
We invite abstracts from the the following thrust areas of language and development in African context:
• Teaching/learning foreign languages
• Language, science, technology and industrialization
• Language and gender
• Language and religion
• Language and education
• Sign language
• Language and literature in modern societies
• Language, media and arts
• Ecology of African languages
• Field linguistics and language development in Africa
• Computational linguistics and African languages
• Language diversity and endangerment
• Translation and Interpretation
• Eco-critical discourse analysis
Abstract Submission is now Open through 15th April 2019.
For updated information visit: https://www.udom.ac.tz/announcements/single_announcement/117/internation...