Please join your Special Collections and Archives colleagues for the 2019 Aeon Symposium in Boston, Massachusetts!
The symposium will begin on Sunday, June 2 with an evening reception and run through Tuesday, June 4. We will be taking advantage of the multiple repositories in Boston to have full sessions together Monday and Tuesday afternoon as well as break out tours and workshops in institutions in the area Tuesday morning.
Do you have an experience to share or an idea to explore with colleagues? We are seeking proposals for 55 minute panels (including prepared talks and facilitated discussions, with 10 minutes for q & a ), 5-10 minute lightning talks, posters, and 1-3 hour workshops. All ideas are welcomed, including public services related topics beyond use of Aeon. Suggested topics include:
- Using data for decision making or reporting
- Staff training
- Streamlining workflows
- System migration & implementation, including project and change management
- Innovative services, particularly in reference or customer service
- Outreach and visibility of services and collections
- Use of Aeon in instruction, exhibits or other special projects
Schedules for previous conferences can be found below for ideas of the past range of topics.
- 2016 at University of Michigan - https://training.atlas-sys.com/Course/Details/4222
- 2017 at Penn State - https://sites.psu.edu/xpsusymposium/
- 2018 at Claremont - http://libguides.libraries.claremont.edu/2018AeonMeeting/Agenda