Call for Supplementum – Archiv Orientalni
Archiv Orientalni (ArOr - http://aror.orient.cas.cz/) is an indexed, peer-reviewed academic journal dedicated to the cultures and societies of Africa, Asia and the Middle East. ArOr is listed in Scopus, Thomson Reuters, and ERIH Plus and is accessible via ProQuest and EBSCO. The journal was founded in 1929 and has an uninterrupted history of high academic standards since then, aiming at reaching both the academic public as well as a wider readership interested in the areas covered.
Topics for a Supplementum can range in scope, discipline and time, provided they are concerned with the geographical areas covered by the journal; interdisciplinary or cross region themes are strongly supported. Supplementa normally consist of an introductory article (approximately 5,000 to 10,000 words) and 6-8 chapters (7,000 to 10,000 words). Each Supplementum is overseen by one (or more) guest editor whose name appears on the front cover.
Proposals should include the following information:
- A proposed title for the Supplementum;
- A one-page description of the focus of the volume. This should also include a) why the Supplementum is a good fit for ArOr, its mission and readership; b) why the topic or theme is timely; c) how the Supplementum will contribute to the advancement of the academic debate around the topic of enquiry;
- A curriculum vitae of the Guest Editor;
- A list of prospective contributors, the titles of their chapters/articles, a brief abstract with the inclusion of 6-8 keywords for each piece, and the total length of the Supplementum;
- A proposed timeline for production;
- An indication of the available funds to cover the editing, proof-reading (especially important if contributors are not native speakers). Please, consider that the average total cost of a Supplementum is 120,000 CZK (approx. 4,500 Euros).
Proposals are assessed in two stages. They are first submitted to the internal editorial team for approval. If the editorial team deems it interesting according to the scope of the journal, proposals are then submitted to the journal’s editorial board. At the stage of submission of the articles/chapters, all the papers are sent to two referees for double blind peer-review process. Comments and request for changes on each individual piece will be collected by the Executive Editor and forwarded to the Guest Editor for discussion and approval.
The Guest Editor is responsible for the following:
- All the tasks included in the guidelines for the submission of the proposal for a Supplementum;
- Managing all exchanges with the contributors and with the editorial office of Archiv Orientalni;
- Coordination of the Supplementum;
- Communicating to contributors that submitting a paper is not a guarantee for publication;
- Gathering of all chapters and submitting these to ArOr;
- Receiving all chapters and reviews and forwarding these to the respective authors;
- Negotiating revisions with ArOr;
- Ensuring the timeline is respected.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a Supplementum, please email all the necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 23:59 (CET) on 30th March, 2019. Please, note that submissions should not be under consideration elsewhere.
If, instead, you would like to discuss some details or know more about the journal and its special issues, please get in touch with the editor for the area you are interested in. A comprehensive guide can be found at http://aror.orient.cas.cz/editorial-board/
Archiv Orientalni (ISSN 0044 8699)
Orientální ústav AV ČR/Oriental Institute of ASCR
Pod vodárenskou věží 4, 82 00 Praha 8-Liben, Czech Republic