The Ottoman Summer Program will take place at the Koç University Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (ANAMED) in Beyoğlu, Istanbul. It is open to students enrolled in MA and PhD programs. Students are expected to have had Ottoman instruction at least for half an academic year (see: Requirements).
Ottoman classes are conducted Monday through Thursday at two levels. Arabic and Persian classes take place in the afternoons (see: Program Schedule, see: Instructors).
- Intermediate-Level Classes
- Advanced-Level Classes
- Arabic and Persian Classes
- Guided trips to the Presidency's State Archives and the Süleymaniye Manuscript Library & Süleymaniye Library
- ANAMED library holds regular lecture series during the summer.
- A one-time Ottoman miniature class will be conducted on Sunday July 14, at Çiğdem Kabadayı Art Atelier, in Kadıköy as an extra-curricular activity.
-Tuition for Summer 2019 will be $3000 USD. It includes accommodation at ANAMED, all course materials, lunch four days a week, all expenses of field trips and full access to the ANAMED Library.
- Scholarships will be given based on need and merit.
Please review the requirements section and make sure that you are eligible to apply. To complete your application, please fill in the Application Form and ask from your recommender (preferably from a language instructor) to submit your letter (especially commenting on the Turkish and Ottoman language skills of the candidate) directly via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline March 4th. (see: Applications)
CONTACT EMAIL: email@example.com