Scholars are invited to submit proposals on the following themes:
- Atlantic connections after the collapse of transatlantic empires;
- the transformation of the Atlantic space and the creation of global connections;
- the emergence of new political and commercial Atlantic networks;
- the role of technology and infrastructures (steamship, canals, cables etc.) in re-shaping the Atlantic space;
- the impact of the emergence of the Atlantic space on other world-regions (the Mediterranean, the Indian Ocean, etc.);
- the emergence in the XX Century of an Atlantic economic, political, and strategic space, and the contextual formation of new Atlantic networks and elites.
Please submit an abstract (300 words, 3 to 5 keywords) by February 15, 2019, to email@example.com
The abstracts will be reviewed by the editors of this special issue, namely Mario Del Pero (SciencesPo), Marco Mariano (Università di Torino), and Federica Morelli (Università di Torino). Authors will be notified no later than March 1, 2019.
The special issue will include around approximately 6 contributions which will be selected by the editors through peer review procedure. Final papers (about 8000 words) will be due on June 30, 2019. Please note that the acceptance of abstracts does not necessarily imply the acceptance of the paper for the special issue.
Please check the full text of the call for abstract at the journal website: http://www.annalsfondazioneluigieinaudi.it/en