The editors of SEQUITUR, a graduate student journal published by the Department of History of Art & Architecture at Boston University, invite current graduate students to submit content on the theme “Crossing the Line” for our Spring 2019 issue. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by February 15. You can find the full CFP at our website: https://www.bu.edu/sequitur/submissions/cfp/.
We welcome the following submissions:
- Featured essays (1500 words) – Essays must be submitted in full by the deadline below to be considered for publication. Content is open and at the discretion of the author, but should present original material that is suitable to the stipulated word limit. Please adhere to the formatting guidelines available here.
- Visual and Creative essays – An opportunity for M.Arch. or M.F.A. students to showcase a selection of original work. The work must be reproducible in a digital format. Submissions should include jpegs of up to ten works, and must be prefaced by an introduction or artist’s statement of 250 words or less. All images must be captioned and should be at least 500 DPI. We are open to expanding this field to involve various kinds of creative projects.
We invite proposals (200 words max) for the following pieces :
- Exhibition reviews (500 words) – Exhibitions currently on display or very recently closed are especially sought.
- Book or exhibition catalogue reviews (500 words) – Reviews of recently published books and catalogues are especially sought.
- Interviews (750 words) – Preference may be given to those who can provide audio or video recordings of the interview.
- Field reports/Research spotlights (750 words) – This is an opportunity for students conducting research to summarize and share their findings and experiences in a more casual format than a formal paper.