Conference Dates: 30 May – 1 June 2019
Conference Venue: Hangzhou, China
Conference Working Languages: English and Chinese
This conference, organized by Zhejiang University of Science & Technology (ZUST), Geneva College, and the magazine of Higher Engineering Education Research, aims to provide opportunities for exchanges on studies related to general education and new engineering talents cultivation.
Paper themes are suggested as, but not limited to, the following:
1. Domestic and foreign experiences and case studies in general education
2. Construction of General Education Curriculum
3. General Education and Global Competence Training
4. General Education and Development of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
5. Integration of General Education and New Engineering
Participants and thesis requirements:
This forum welcomes the participation of professionals in general education, new engineering education, innovation and entrepreneurship education, and other related fields. Please send the application form (available via email from Jeffrey Cole) with paper title, abstract (about 300 words), and personal profile (unit, research area, degree, title, correspondence address, and contact number) to the conference management group by e-mail attachment (email@example.com) before 5 March 2019. Please add “Abstract for 2019 General Education International Forum” to your email’s title.
Submissions will be evaluated by a peer review committee. The conference management group will issue conference invitations once papers are selected.
1. The manuscript should be original and not published previously. Please do not submit material that is currently being considered by another journal.
2. Manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word format, and the main part should be written in Times New Roman, single spaced.
3. Author(s) of the articles being accepted are required to sign the Transfer of Copyright Agreement form.
Those selected to present their papers will be invited to participate as official representatives. A registration fee of RMB800 yuan (RMB400 yuan for graduate students) will be charged for each participant. The fee will include meals and material fees, but not transportation and accommodation costs.
Jeffrey S. Cole, Professor of History and Humanities, Geneva College