The Alliance of Civilizations Institute at Ibn Haldun University is pleased to announce the second international graduate student conference.
This interdisciplinary graduate conference aims to give early career scholars, Phd-students and Master students the opportunity to present their academic research to peers and senior academics.
Around the general theme of “Being Human and Human Being”, the conference aspires to provide an intellectual engaged forum for an interdisciplinary discussion of core perspectives and issues. The goal is for everyone to benefit from the multi-disciplinary and inter-civilizational perspectives that are practiced within different academic domains of thought, and to identify new avenues of research within the humanities.
As such the conference aims to be a preparatory ground to improve rhetoric and presentational skills and to increase the know-how on how to present academic research to people that are not necessarily specialised in the field. The language of submission is English, though the presentation can exceptionally, upon request and approval, be held in Turkish, nevertheless, we highly encourage all applications to aim presenting in English.
Individual papers and pre-arranged panels are encouraged to discuss conceptions of human being available in different cultures and civilizations from major disciplines of social sciences and humanities including – but not limited to :
- Civilisation Studies
- Religious Studies
- Philosophy and Theology
- World History
- Philosophical anthropology
- Intellectual History
- Gender Studies
- Critical Theory
- Cinema Studies
- Ottoman Studies
- Turkish Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Comparative Literature Studies
- Comparative Religions
- Submissions are restricted to early career scholars, traditional and academic (MA and PhD) students.
- In order to maintain the academic training dimension of this conference, the language of submission is exclusively English. We highly encourage all presentations to be in English but, upon request, presentation in Turkish can be considered.
- A selection of quality papers will be considered for publication by a renowned (peer-reviewed) publisher.
- Deadline for submission of your abstract: 3 February 2019
How to submit your paper/panel proposal
For individual papers, a 300-word abstract of the paper should be submitted using the online application form at http://meeting.ihu.edu.tr.
For panel proposals, a 350-word outline of the theme of the panel should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and each presenter has to register his/her paper individually at http://meeting.ihu.edu.tr.
For the participants coming from outside Istanbul, accommodation will be provided by Ibn Haldun University. A limited amount of travel expenses are also available. To apply for a travel bursary please contact email@example.com.
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: February 3, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: February 11, 2019
- Announcement of the conference program: February 25, 2019
- Conference Dates: April 5-6, 2019
Allianca of Civilizations Institute
Süleymaniye Mahallesi Mimar Sinan Caddesi
No 38 Fatih