Along with the growing US-China Tension currently manifesting in trading disputes between these two largest world economies, the security of Southeast Asia has become one of the top trending topics among many concerning politicians and academics. In order to catch up this phenomena, Center for Chinese Studies at Mahidol University and Research Group on “Southeast Asian Security Order and 21st Maritime Silk Road” under China's State Fund of Social Sciences plan to co-hold International Conference Southeast Asian Security Order in the Context of Upheaving US-China Relations at Salaya Campus of Mahidol University, Thailand on 21-25 July 2019.
I. Conference Presentations and Proceeding
The main theme for this conference is Southeast Asian Security Order in the Context of Upheaving US-China Relations. We are pleased to invite scholars from all fields to submit abstracts and papers related to either main theme or the following nine sub-themes:
- Main Characteristics of Today’s US-China Relation
- Impact Caused by the Upheavals of US-China Relations towards ASEAN-China Collaboration.
- Impact Caused by the Upheavals of US-China Relations towards Southeast Asian Security Order.
- The Traits of Current Southeast Asian Security Order
- US-led Indo-Pacific Strategy and Southeast Asian Security Order
- Asean Membership Countries’ Perspectives and Policies on Regional Security
- The Developing Tendency of Asean Common Security Body
- Position and Roles of Asean in Future Asia-Pacific New Order
- Position and Roles of Super Powers in Southeast Asian Security Order
All accepted papers, as determined by the Academic Peer-Review Committee, will be published in the conference proceeding, and selected papers will be chosen for presentation at the conference on 21-25 July 2019.
The conference volume will be available after the presentations. Papers selected for publication will be those that integrate thematic relevance, significant research in primary resources, innovative theoretical perspectives, clarity of organization, and accessible prose.
The proposed timeline for abstract submission, notifications of proposal acceptance, final paper submission, and invitations to the conference is as follows:
- Call for Papers: 08 January 2019
- Proposal Submission: 10 February 2019
- Notifications of Acceptance: 15 February 2019
- Final Full-paper Submission: 15 June 2019
- Invitations to Conference: 01 April 2019
II. Proposal Submission Guidelines
Proposals may be in Word formats only and with the following information:
- affiliation as you would like it to appear in the program
- email address,
- title of proposal,
- the body of proposal; no more than 250 words,
- up to 10 keywords.
- CV max 2 pages
If a proposal is accepted for the conference, a full draft paper should be submitted by 15 June 2019. A draft full paper is expected to be in 5,000-8,0000 and the MLA format only. We will acknowledge receipt and answer to all proposals submitted.
Please kindly be noted that all the abstracts and full papers are expected in English only!!!
The registration fee of 3,000 Thai Bahts includes participation in all sessions as well as lunches and coffee breaks during the conference.
Dr. Yaoping LIU
+66 (0) 962902918
Notice: No free international airfares and domestic transportation are granted to participate in this Conference.
Please kindly fill this form and send it via firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 February 2019.