May 6–7 2019
A Conference on 20th Century East Asian Philosophies: Intercultural Entanglements & Original Contributions
This conference aims at providing a platform for scholars in the field of East Asian Studies and intercultural/comparative/world philosophies to achieve two interrelated objectives: (1) to discuss cross-cultural frameworks of thinking in the works of the 20th Century East Asian philosophers and (2) to shed some light on their original contributions (through their comparative/intercultural thinking) in the wider context of philosophy. Papers on any aspect of the contemporary East Asian philosophies are welcomed.
- Ching Yuen Cheung (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Eric S. Nelson (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
Submission deadline: January 31, 2019
- Please submit abstracts or papers to Takeshi.Morisato@ulb.ac.be or Pierre.Bonneels@ulb.ac.be. The abstract should be 300-500 words and the papers must be suitable for a 25–30 minute presentation (no more than 3500 words).
- All submissions must be in .doc, .docx or .pdf formats and should be prepared for blind review.
- Please include in your email the following details: (i) author's name; (ii) paper title; (iii) word count; (iv) institutional affiliation; and (v) contact information.
- Responses to submissions will be sent by February 14, 2019.
- Please send any questions to Takeshi.Morisato@ulb.ac.be or Pierre.Bonneels@ulb.ac.be.