As the Editor-in-Chief of the Turkish Journal of History, I am glad to announce an open call for research articles, review articles, and book reviews for our upcoming special issue on Middle East. The publication of the special issue is scheduled in June 2019. The special issue will be under the supervision of our estemeed guest editor, Philipp O. Amour (http://philipp-amour.ch).
The guest editor welcomes high quality original submissions (research articles, review articles, and book reviews) on any aspect of History and Middle East. Manuscripts should be prepared according to below mentioned criteria:
- Manuscripts can only be submitted through the journal’s online manuscript submission and evaluation system, available at https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/tjhistory. Manuscripts submitted via any other medium will not be evaluated.
- Authors are required to mention in the cover letter that the manuscript is sent for the evaluation of the Middle East issue.
- Research articles should be between 6,000 and 10,000 words long (including bibliography and footnotes). Review articles should be between 1,500 and 3,000 words long, and book reviews should be between 750 and 1,000 words.
- Please use the Chicago Manual of Style (footnotes) 16th edition: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-1.html. Please include a list of references.
- Manuscripts should be prepared according to the journal’s guideline. Please check: http://tjh.istanbul.edu.tr/en/content/about/instructions-for-authors.
Editorial correspondence should be sent to: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline is January 31, 2019.
Turkish Journal of History (Turk J Hist) is an international, scientific, open access periodical published in accordance with independent, unbiased, and double-blinded peer-review principles. The journal is the official publication of İstanbul University Faculty of Letters and published biannually on June and December. The publication languages of the journal are Turkish and English.
Turkish Journal of History is currently indexed in EBSCO Historical Abstracts, Web of Science-Emerging Sources Citation Index and TUBITAK ULAKBIM TR Index.
Prof. Arzu Tozduman Terzi
Editor in Chief