CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We earlier posted the above proposed edited volume in 2015. However, the project was stalled due to difficulties with the email address. We are therefore reposting this Call for Papers, having taken care of the earlier limitations for which we apologize. The dates and sub-themes have also been adjusted.
The proposed volume is in honour of a distinguished historian, late Prof. Alfred Chukwuemeka Unomah, who contributed immensely to African history, African studies, and international economic history. Prof. Alfred Chukwdi Unomah, was a founding member of the Department of History, Bendel State University, (now Ambrose Alli University), Ekpoma. Before moving to Bendel State University to help establish the Department of History, he worked for several years at the Department of History, University of Ibadan. He also taught at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Makarare University, Uganda.
We invite contributions from scholars focusing on a variety of perspectives traversing historical and contemporary issues in Nigeria in particular and Africa in general. The volume will explore the impacts and legacies of colonial political, social, economic and intellectual experiences on post-colonial conditions in Africa. Contributions are encouraged from multidisciplinary perspectives. Contributions to the history of East Africa, which was the primary research interest of late Professor Unomah are particularly encouraged.
The volume will focus on the following themes:
- Politics and administration in colonial and post-colonial Africa
- Economic change and development in colonial and post-colonial Africa
- Social and Cultural change in colonial and post-colonial Africa
- Colonial Education Policies
- Issues in colonial and African historiography
- Regionalism in Africa since colonial times
- Culture, media literature and Society
- Nigeria and the wider world
- Politics and governance in post-colonial Africa
- Natural resources, political and violence in Africa
- Crises and conflicts in post-colonial Africa
We are in discussions with a reputable publisher to publish the volume. Interested authors should forward an abstract of no more than 300 words by October 15, 2017, to the editors. Authors whose abstracts are selected would be duly notified on October 20, 2017. Full papers of between 5,000 and 7,000 words are due by December 30, 2017.
All inquiries should be made through the foregoing email addresses. Or call
Phone: +234 804 202 506
Editors: Professor E.C Emordi; Professor A.I. Okoduwa; and Lexington Izuagie (Ph.D.), Department of History and International Studies, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Nigeria (respectively).