We invite abstracts for scholarly papers for praxes-oriented sharing and panel sessions that expand critical horizons while remaining open to the nuances within a pluriversal critique. We would like to encourage Humanities’ scholars and students to interrogate the following broad themes:
- Histories and politics of knowledge production in the era of globalisation
- Knowledge production & decoloniality
- Critiques of the decolonial turn in curriculum transformation
- Students & curriculum transformation
- Technological (im)possibilities in teaching & learning
- Critical pedagogies & curricula to address bias and inequality
- Contradictions & prospects for curriculum transformation in a marketised global higher education sector
The “decolonial turn” (aligned to the broader concept of decolonisation) is a nuanced, layered
and sliding signifier. Despite its conceptual slipperiness, the insights, debate and discussion
that it spurs provides a productive framework for critiquing and thinking about the education
transformation project. This takes two forms:
1. The `epistemological' case in which decolonisation is seen as constitutive of
reorganising and rethinking knowledge; and,
2. The `historical' case in which decolonisation is seen as playing an unprecedented role
in reviewing and reconstituting social relations and identities in contemporary society.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission deadline is 31 January 2019.
Please upload the following information to http://conferences.up.ac.za/index.php/unsettlingparadigms/decolturn2019/schedConf/cfp:
- Abstract for individual oral presentations of no more than 300 words, and/or your proposal for a panel session (to include names of proposed speakers/facilitators) of no more than 800 words
- A short biography (150 words) that includes your university affiliation details and relevant contact information
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your colleagues, resident researchers and students.
Or do an Online Submission here:p/unsettlingparadigms2019/decolturn2019/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions
Start here to submit a paper to this conference.
STEP ONE OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS