Postdoctoral Fellowships application open
2019–2020 Postdoctoral Fellowships
Harvard University, Davis Center for Russian & Eurasian Studies
The Davis Center Postdoctoral Fellowship Program offers comprehensive research, training, and professional development opportunities for scholars advancing their careers within the social sciences and humanities. Fellows pursue their research with support from an interdisciplinary community of experts, and with access to world-class resources. The program provides scholars with experiences and connections that endure well beyond their fellowship year.
We welcome research proposals on all topics related to the study of Eurasia. This year's program will not be structured around an overarching theme. We are, however, particularly interested in applications from scholars with an interest in the following:
1. Teaching a course in Russian imperial history, especially from scholars with experience in digital humanities.
2. Topics exploring the political, economic and social connectivity of Central Asia and/or the Caucasus.
Fellowship Eligibility and Benefits
- For junior scholars who will have completed the Ph.D. or equivalent by September 2019, but no earlier than September 2014
- Scholars may apply to be in residence for 9 months or 12 months
- Stipend of up to $40,500 for 9 months or $54,000 for 12 months. A teaching postdoc. will be compensated at $46,000 for 9 months
- $5,000 in additional research funding
- Eligible for employee benefits, including subsidized health insurance
- Shared office space and borrowing privileges at Harvard libraries provided
- Citizens of all countries may apply
Any scholar whose research touches on the work of the Davis Center community is welcome to apply to the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
For complete application procedures and to submit an application, please visit:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Scholars who do not meet the eligibility requirements for a Postdoctoral Fellowship should consider applying for affiliation via the Visiting Scholars Program.
To submit YOUR job posting, please visit the H-Net Job Guide: https://www.h-net.org/jobs
Featured jobs receive an added boost on H-Announce and H-Net’s social media channels.