HSS Conference, Utrecht 23-27 July 2019
I am seeking three co-panellists and a commentator for a session on “Phenology across Time and Space” at the HSS Conference 2019. The aim of the session is to bring together case studies of individuals and organisations involved in phenology from the eighteenth century onwards and discuss their agendas.
During the session, I would like to present a contribution on the phenological schemes that the Royal Meteorological Society set up in Britain between the end of the nineteenth century and the first half of the twentieth century.
Themes of interest for the session include, but are not limited to:
- individuals involved in phenology (e.g. Linnaeus, Thoreau, A. Leopold)
- organisations involved in phenology (e.g. Societas Meteorologica Palatina, Smithsonian Institution)
- networks of phenological observations
- use of phenology data to study climate change
- phenology as a citizens’ science
If interested, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Giuditta Parolini
Technische Universität Berlin
Institut für Philosophie, Literatur-, Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte
Sekretariat H23; Straße des 17. Juni, 135; 10623 Berlin; Germany
DFG Project "Agricultural Meteorology"