Now Accepting Nominations for the Berkshire Conference of Women Historians’ Book Prizes
Deadline for Nominations: November 1, 2017
To nominate a book, see: https://berksconference.org/prizes/
Description of Prizes
We invite publishers and authors to submit books published in the year 2017 for consideration for the Berkshire Conference Book Prizes.
The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians annually awards two book prizes:
- For a first book that deals substantially with the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- For a first book in any field of history that does not focus on the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- Awards are for a first book, so the author may not have previously published any other book-length work.
- A nominated book must be written by a woman normally resident in North America.
- The Berks Prizes are open to any female historian or historian who identifies as a woman.
- Submissions must be published between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Textbooks, juvenile literature, documentary collections, fiction, poetry, and collections of essays are not eligible for either prize.
- To nominate a book, please click https://goo.gl/forms/Gp9MuFLeFgDXN9Fj2 to complete the form.
- One copy of the nominated book must be sent directly to each of the Berkshire Book Prize Committee members; the contact information is listed on the nomination form.
- Bound page proofs may be submitted for books to be published after November 1, 2017 and before January 1, 2018. If a bound page proof is submitted, committee members must also receive a copy of the book by January 15, 2018.
- All nominations, whether books or page proofs, must be postmarked by or on November 1, 2017 in order to be eligible for the prize.
- The awards for books published in 2017 will be announced at the Berkshire Conference in June 2018.
Dr. Amanda E. Herbert
Chair, Berkshire Conference Book Prize Committee
Asst. Director, Fellowships
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 E. Capitol St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
202 675 0348