The Leverhulme Trust Board, through its Research Awards Advisory Committee, is offering approximately 25 Study Abroad Studentships for a period of advanced study or research at a centre of learning anywhere in the world except the UK or the USA.
Award Amount: The scholarships cover a maintenance allowance of £21,000 per annum; return air fare to the country of tenure and a baggage allowance. An allowance of £7,000 per annum is also available when a student is accompanied by a dependent partner. Further allowances - for example, a contribution towards overseas fees, internal travel costs associated with the course of study or research and fieldwork expenses are paid at the discretion of the Committee. All subject areas apart from medical research considered.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have been resident in the UK for at least three years at the time of application;
- hold an undergraduate degree (undergraduates are not eligible);
- hold a degree from a UK institution. This may be either the undergraduate degree or a further degree held by the applicant;
- either be a student at the time of application or have been registered as a student within the last eight years; and
- be able to demonstrate how their work would benefit from being conducted overseas rather than in the UK.
Those wishing only to improve their foreign language skills are not eligible for this scheme.
The 2019 round opens on 1 September 2018. The closing date will be on 7th January 2019.
Further details can be found here on our website https://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/study-abroad-studentships