The Graduate History Review
- Call for Submissions -
The Graduate History Review is seeking submissions that explore the practical applications of history. These broad topics explore the merits of history in its traditional theoretical sense, as well as in forms like public history and the digital humanities. As historical precedent is often left unexplored in modern issues, reflections on history’s merits as a practical subject are crucial. We are seeking articles and research notes that examine:
• Historical topics that relate to modern policymaking, including histories of conflict resolution, displacement, diaspora, and reconciliation.
• The use of history in the public sphere and its applications to community work.
• The relationship between historical theory and praxis.
• New modes of application in the digital humanities or other quantitative realms.
• Histories of identity and culture relevant to living groups.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
The GHR accepts submissions from scholars working on all fields and periods of history. We accept submissions on an ongoing basis but will only consider submissions received before January 30th 2019 for publication in Volume 8. All submissions must adhere to our Submission Guidelines and must not be under consideration with any other publication.
For more information visit our website: uvic.ca/ghr
or e-mail Jill Levine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Guidelines: https://ghrjournal.wordpress.com/submit-an-article/