CFP: Nuclear History in Asia & Pacific— Panel submission for The 15th International Conference on the History of Science in East Asia (15th ICHSEA)
Chonbuk National University, South Korea
19-23 August 2019
After the success of the 14th ICHSEA in Paris (2015) that had brought together more than 380 scholars from worldwide, the International Society for the History of East Asian Science, Technology and Medicine (ISHEASTM) has announced the next quadrennial conference to be held in Chonbuk National University, Korea (website: http://ichsea2019.org). The 15th ICHSEA is now open for Individual and Panel proposals.
We are organizing a panel on the Nuclear History in China, Korea, Japan and the other parts of the Asia & Pacific area. Without doubt, the nuclear history of East Asia including the development of nuclear technology, nuclear weapons and the evolution of nuclear energy policies in China, Korea and Japan is a significant topic in the research of contemporary science and technology. Submission for this panel is now open. The themes include but not limited to:
1. The advances of nuclear sciences and the technology transfer in the relevant areas.
2. The work of a particular nuclear scientist or a research team; and their involvements with governmental and social funding resources.
3. The local responses to nuclear construction and disasters, e.g. in STS perspective.
4. The ecological, social and philosophical backgrounds of nuclear-related research and practices— that can be interpreted through governmental policies or publication orientation.
1. Abstract in English of no more than 300 words (with space). Full paper is not required for attending the conference, though to prepare e-presentation (PowerPoint) is encouraged.
2. A short biography including your name, email address, and academic affiliation.