Comparative Approaches to Turkish Literature
May 9-10, 2019
Bilkent University, Ankara
The Department of Turkish Literature at Bilkent University invites applications for its annual graduate conference. The general theme of the upcoming conference is “Comparative Approaches to Turkish Literature.”
This two-day conference aims to offer a forum for young scholars interested in looking at Turkish literature(s) broadly defined through new and comparative perspectives, in positioning Turkish literature authors and texts within the framework of world literature, and in discussing relations between Turkish literature and other literatures.
Possible topics may include:
- The place and position of Turkish literature within World Literature
- Relations and interactions between Turkish literature and other literatures
- Ottoman-Turkish literature and non-Western-defined forms of literary modernization
- Intertextuality with works of other literatures in Turkish literature
- Translation and reception of Turkish literature in other languages
- Turkish literature and international literary awards
- Turkish literature in relation with other media
The conference is open to graduate students at the MA and PhD level; however, a few spots will be reserved for advanced undergraduate students in Turkish literature or other humanities department who are considering pursuing their graduate education in Turkish or Comparative Literature. Limited accommodation will be available on the Bilkent campus to presenters coming from outside of Ankara.
Please send an abstract (250-300 words, Times New Roman, 12pt, including a minimum of three and a maximum of five keywords) to email@example.com. Please indicate name, title and affiliation on the abstract. The deadline for abstract submissions is January 15th, 2019. Applicants will be informed of the organizing committee’s decision regarding their paper by February 15th, 2019.